Skip page header and jump to site navigation.
Skip site navigation and jump to page content.
Jump back to main site navigation.
- 164 members of Assistance League of Charlotte® generated 48,185 hours of community service on behalf of local children and 263 nonmembers contributed 10,946 hours.
- In partnership with Second Harvest Food Bank of Metrolina, Assistance Leagues Operaton Check Hunger provided backpacks to 350 students each week-end year round. Each backpack contained enough food to feed a family of four for the week-end. 2,000 more were served through two in-school emergency food pantries and three mobile food pantries. Ground turkey (8,884 pounds) was donated to Second Harvest Food Bank and Loaves and Fishes, providing more than 35,000 servings.
- Assistance League of Charlotte Operation School Bell® clothed 1,850 children in 25 Charlotte Mecklenburg elementary schools through its Operation School Bell Store and served 2,598 additional students through several outreach initiatives. Operation School Bell is the signature philanthropic program for Assistance League nationwide, serving more than 331,000 children last year.
- The Assistance League of Charlotte Scholarship Fund awarded 11 college scholarships at a total cost of $32,500.
- Assistance League of Charlotte Mecklenburg County Teen Court assisted 448 youth offenders and volunteer teens to provide 5,909 hours of community service. A total of 158 defendants successfully completed their cases.
- More than $29,000 in goods was returned to the community through Assistance League of Charlotte Outreach.
- Regional businesses and grantors generously support Assistance League of Charlotte. Grantors for 2015-2016 include Charlotte Merchants Foundation, The Merancas Foundation, NC Governor's Crime Commission, Blumenthal Foundation, Speedway Children's Charities, Wells Fargo Foundation, Church Watson Law Firm, Mecklenburg Medical Alliance, St. Gabriel, St. Matthew and St. Peter Catholic Churches.
- Annually, the 120 chapters of Assistance League return over $38 million to local communities, assisting 1.5 million people. The 26,000 member volunteers who contribute 3.2+ million service hours make this possible.
Skip secondary site navigation and jump to footer.
Skip both secondary site navigation and footer, and jump back to main site navigation.